The people at CAPCC have been there for the hardest time of my life and I’m so grateful for them being here for me!
A nurturing home, supporting healthy pregnancy and positive parenting.
The Aerie is a two phase maternity home program for pregnant teens and young women offering a nurturing home, supporting healthy pregnancy and positive parenting. The Aerie, which is staffed 24/7, has the capacity for up to 11 women and their infants. Residents who meet the eligibility criteria enter phase 1 of the program during their pregnancy and move into phase 2 when their infant is approximately 6 months of age. Phase 2 residents who continue to meet program outcomes are invited to stay until their child is approximately 2 years of age. While in Phase 2, clients will continue to pursue education and/or employment pursuits while continuing to strengthen their parenting and life skills.
Referral and Resident Requirements:
- Open to any woman who desires the programs & services of the Maternity Home, priority given to pregnant 14-25 year olds
- Referral must first be made to the CAPCC; a CAPCC Client Advocate will then make a referral to the Maternity Home Director
- Financial contribution determined during intake
- Preference given to those who have self-identified that they would benefit from parenting / life skills support and those who are looking to make positive life changes
- Participation in required programming: prenatal classes, life skills programming, parenting classes
- Adherence to rules, curfews, etc. of the home
For more information on the home, for referrals, or for volunteer opportunities please contact Central Alberta Pregnancy Care Centre, at 403-343-1611 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
7 sets of patio furniture – something heavy and solid, can be chained to patio and not easily moved
7 day beds
1 couch (new or professionally sanitized)
1 sleeper sofa
Digital ear or forehead thermometer
Shelving unit for laundry room
Large micro fibre dust mop
- Cool mist humidifiers
CAPCC wishes to say THANK YOU to Eagle Builders for being a major sponsor of Phase Two.
If you would like to help transform the lives of young, pregnant women and their children in Central Alberta, click here to donate to the CAPCC Maternity Home now.
All our services are free and confidential.
We provide accurate information on all options, we do not provide abortion referrals.