The people at CAPCC have been there for the hardest time of my life and I’m so grateful for them being here for me!
We’re here to help
A nurturing home, supporting healthy pregnancy and positive parenting.
The CAPCC Maternity Home is for pregnant and parenting teens and young women in Central Alberta.
The Maternity Home is divided into two Phases. Phase 1 includes: 4 bedrooms with private bathrooms, shared kitchen and common area, shared laundry room, and 24 hour in-house support all in a secured facility. Clients may stay in Phase 1 throughout their pregnancy and until the child is 6 months old.
After completing their stay in Phase 1, clients are eligible to move into Phase 2 until their child reaches about 2 years of age. Phase 2 includes seven 1 bedroom fully furnished suites. While in Phase 2, clients will continue to pursue education and/or employment pursuits while continuing to strengthen their parenting and life skills.
Referral and Resident Requirements:
- Open to pregnant 12-25 year olds
- Referral must first be made to the CAPCC; a CAPCC Client Advocate will then make a referral to the Maternity Home Director
- Financial contribution determined during intake
- Preference given to those who have self-identified that they would benefit from parenting / life skills support and those who are looking to make positive life changes
- Participation in required programming: prenatal classes, life skills programming, parenting classes
- Adherence to rules, curfews, etc. of the home
For more information on the home, for referrals, or for volunteer opportunities please contact Central Alberta Pregnancy Care Centre, at 403-343-1611 or email@example.com.
CAPCC wishes to say THANK YOU to Eagle Builders for being a major sponsor of Phase Two.
If you would like to help transform the lives of young, pregnant women and their children in Central Alberta, click here to donate to the CAPCC Maternity Home now.
All our services are free and confidential.
We provide accurate information on all options, we do not provide abortion referrals.