CAPCC Maternity Home
The CAPCC Maternity Home is for pregnant and parenting teens and young women in Central Alberta.
The GOAL of the home is to provide a safe and stable environment, life and parenting skills, and healthy relationships. The EXPECTED IMPACT is transformation to a life of stability, independence, and improved health in all areas.
The building and development of the home was divided into two phases, please see below for details on each phase.
CAPCC Maternity Home, PHASE ONE
Phase One Details:
- 4 bedrooms with private bathrooms
- Shared kitchen and common area
- Shared laundry room
- 24 hour in-house support
- Secured facility
- Duration of stay is for the clients’ pregnancy and until the child is 6 months old
Referral and Resident Requirements
- Open to pregnant 12-25 year olds
- Referral must first be made to the CAPCC, a CAPCC Client Advocate will then make a referral to the Maternity Home Director
- Financial contribution determined during intake
- Preference given to those who have self-identified that they would benefit from parenting / life skills support and those who are looking to make positive life changes
- Participation in required programming: prenatal classes, life skills programming, parenting classes
- Adherence to rules, curfews, etc. of the home
For more information on the home, for referrals, or for volunteer opportunities please contact Central Alberta Pregnancy Care Centre, at 403-343-1611 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The CAPCC wishes to say THANK YOU to the following businesses and individuals for their immeasurable contribution to PHASE ONE of the CAPCC Maternity Home:
Allmar Inc., Allshak Contracting Ltd., Ambusch Securities Ltd., Archon Earth Works Ltd., Battle River Carpentry Ltd., Blind Spot Window Coverings, Braun Concrete Ltd., The Brick/Leon’s/United Furniture, Carpet Color Centre/Carpet One Floor & Home, Classic Granite Works, Classic Homes Ltd., Comfortec Heating & AC Ltd., Crown Plumbing, Dickson Creek Mfg. Ltd., Dynovac Industries Inc., Eagle Builders, Faithworks Construction, General Appliances Lacombe Ltd., H & T Catering, Head Hunters Salon & Day Spa, Home Depot, Home Renewals, Homesteaders Woodshop Inc., Jaydon Homes/Milt & Terry Thulien, L.A. Carpet & Tile Inc., Marsha Langelaar Cabinet Designs, Milo Electric, Mission Hills Environmental Services Inc., Quest Signs & Decals Inc., Red Deer Lighting, Rotary Club of Red Deer, T4L Builders, Turpin Kong Architects Inc., Morris & Sandra Thalen, The Culinary & Gift Shoppe, Wet Water Industries Ltd.
All Partners, Sponsors, and Volunteers:
- Project Demolition, Painting, and Clean-up
- Spring Dramatic Musical Production
CAPCC Maternity Home, PHASE TWO
Phase Two has seven 1 bedroom suites where clients can transition to from Phase One. They will be able to live there until their child is 2 years old. During this time, residents will have the opportunity to pursue individualized goals, with either an educational focus or an employment focus.
Residents will be given the opportunity to make real life changes while providing a safe and stable home for their child. The goal is for them to be able to then live independently, having finished their education and secured employment.
The CAPCC wishes to say THANK YOU to Eagle Builders for being a major sponsor of Phase Two.
If you would like to help transform the lives of young, pregnant women and their children in Central Alberta, click here to donate to the CAPCC Maternity Home now.
Red Deer Hours
Monday: 9am – 5pm
Tuesday: 9am – 5pm
Wednesday: 9am – 8pm
Thursday: 9am – 5pm
Friday: 9am – 12pm
Tuesday: 10am – 5pm
Wednesday: 10am – 8pm
Thursday: 10am – 5pm
Rocky Mountain House Hours
Monday: 9am – 5pm
Thursday: 9am – 5pm